MEETS OR EXCEEDS APPLICABLE AS, ISO, ASTM & OEM REQUIREMENTS
Segnuts are designed and tested to current fastener specifications and conformance to fastener standards. Mechanical and material specifications are set based on the advisory of industry-leading professionals to meet or exceed the performance of conventional fasteners.
Extensive quality control and traceability procedures ensure the consistent outperformance of all other fastener systems. Testing is conducted both internally and externally at NATA-accredited facilities. Independent NATA certified testing for proof loadings (as a minimum requirement to supporting external trials) have been conducted.
Extensive testing includes:
- proof load
- assembly test
- torque-tension (K-value) testing and
- material composition.
Segnut has engaged with industry and academic experts and tested at various sites across a broad range of applications including high vibration loading and highly corrosive scenarios with zero failures.
- Design is capable of converting torque to tension as well as, if not slightly better, than a conventional nut (the primary purpose of a nut)
- Release torque of a tensioned Segnut can be controlled by design parameters to be within a desired window (e.g. between 50% and 75% of the initial tightening torque)
- Rapid release, even when corroded or when debris has entered between the release sleeve and the inner segments
- Initial confidence gateway to applications in high vibration environments and high tolerance to accidental release.